Love Tandoori Chicken? Then recreate this flavourful Indian dish at home with this mouth watering recipe in just a few simple steps. It’s marinated in a mix of yogurt and Indian spices, and is traditionally prepared by roasting or grilling the marinated chicken in a clay oven (tandoor). Since not every household has a tandoor oven, you can get the job done in an open grill or a convection oven at home. Delicious served with rice or naan, every bite of this succulent and tender chicken is packed with flavour, leaving you wanting more!
- 1.5 kg Chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 2 tbsp Melted butter
- For the first marinade
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- For the second marinade
- 4 tbsp Thick yogurt
- 2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp Tandoori masala (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 tbsp Mustard oil/ vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Step 1 Wash and clean the chicken pieces. Pat dry them and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Marinate the chicken with the ingredients for the first marinade. Set it aside for 20 minutes.
- Step 2 Into a large bowl, combine together the ingredients for the second marinade. Dump in the chicken pieces and coat them well with the marinade. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Step 3 Preheat the oven to 230 C. Line baking trays with aluminium foil. Place grilling wracks on top and brush with oil or butter. Place the marinated chicken pieces on top and bake for 40-50 minutes. After 25 minutes, brush the chicken pieces with butter and flip them over. Place them back into the oven and continue to bake for the remaining time.
- Step 4 Once done, take them out and brush the pieces with butter. Garnish with sliced lemons, onions and coriander/ parsley. Enjoy!