Stir-fried chicken noodles with chicken, carrots, spring onions and egg noodles. This recipe was inspired by a recipe book that I flipped through at my grocery store. The timing couldn’t be better as I had some fresh egg noodles in the fridge, so I made this mouthwatering chicken noodles for dinner last night. It’s absolutely delicious, easy to make, and perfect for a week night dinner.
- 1/4 tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder (optional)
- 2 Chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
- 1 Maggie Chicken Cube
- 300g Egg Noodles
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- 1 Bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- Cook noodles in large pot of salted, boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain, run under cold water and put it aside.
- Heat wok or large pan and add 2 tbsp cooking oil. When hot, add chicken and fry until golden and cooked through. Set aside and clean wok.
- Heat the wok, add 2 tbsp sesame oil, garlic, ginger onion and carrots. Cook for 2-3 minutes before adding spring onions.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes, add soy sauce and cook for 1 – 2 minutes keeping the vegetables moving.
- Add the noodles, chinese five spice powder and maggie chicken cube, toss until heated through and covered in sauce.
- Add cooked chicken and toss together.
- Serve when it’s still pipping hot.