This No-bake Blackcurrant Cheesecake is light, creamy, and delicious, with a buttery biscuit crust, and packed with fresh juicy blackcurrants!
These inky tart berries are not only tasty, but it also has health-enhancing qualities as well. They are rich in antioxidants and are known to help our immune system and lower levels of cholesterol. All the more reasons to have them! I hope you enjoy making this recipe as much as I did, it’s a dessert sure to impress!
No-bake Blackcurrant Cheesecake
For the filling:
- 3/4 cup Blackcurrants
- 300 g Cream cheese
- 300 g Double cream/ Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Blackcurrants to garnish
For the base:
- 300 g Digestive biscuits/ Graham crackers
- 40 g Melted butter (unsalted)
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- Whizz the digestive biscuits in a food processor to make fine crumbs. Combine with melted butter and a tablespoon of sugar, then press into the base of a 9-inch springform cake tin, and refrigerate to set.
- In a small blender, crush the blackcurrants till you get a smooth puree.
- In a separate bowl, add heavy cream and whip until stiff peaks form, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until evenly combined. Fold in the whipped cream and blackcurrant puree into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared crust and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula or offset spatula. Refrigerate to set for 6 hours or overnight, or set in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Top with fresh blackcurrants, mint leaves, and physalis for garnish (optional).