A delicate and beautiful cake to make to add a little romance to a lovely spring or summer afternoon. It would also be perfect to bring to Easter. This is a cake that any novice baker could manage and if you don’t have a bundt tin then just bake it in a regular cake tin. The best thing about this cake is the delicacy of the flavours. And the scent of the lavender, honey and lemon wafting through the kitchen is just irresistible!
Lavender Honey Lemon Cake
- 1 cup Caster sugar
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Culinary lavender
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups Plain flour
- 3 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease a bundt pan with butter and dust with some plain flour. Make sure to dust off any excess flour in the pan.
- Step 2 In a mixing bowl, cream together the caster sugar, butter, and honey. Add in the eggs, one at a time. Then, add vanilla extract and continue to mix until well combined.
- Step 3 Add a teaspoon of culinary lavender along with heavy cream, yogurt, and the zest of one lemon.
- Step 4 In a separate bowl, sift in two cups of plain flour and baking powder. Add 1/3 of this into the butter mixture. Then, pour in a little bit of the cream/ yogurt mix. Repeat with the remaining mixture until well combined.
- Step 5 Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Step 6 Let it cool for 10 minutes. Invert the pan onto a platter/plate and gently tap the bottom of the pan to release the cake. For the final touch, dust with icing sugar.