Fresh Cherry Tart
June 5, 2014
: 20 min
: 1 min
: 1 hr 20 min
- For the crust
- • 175 g Plain flour
- • 80g Caster sugar
- • 125 g Cold unsalted butter
- • Pinch of salt
- For the filling
- • 170 ml Single cream
- • 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- • 2 Eggs
- • 4 tbsp Caster Sugar
- • 2 tbsp Plain flour
- • 2 tbsp Almond meal
- • 450 g Fresh Cherries (pitted)
- Step 1 For the crust: Preheat the oven to 180°C. Have a 24cm/10-inch round loose-bottomed tart tin ready.
- Step 2 In a large mixing bowl, stir together butter and sugar. Then, add in flour and salt, mix well to make a soft dough. Shape it into a disc and wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Step 3 Roll out the chilled pastry and transfer the dough onto the tart tin and press evenly into the base and sides with your floured fingertips.
- Step 4 Place a foil/ baking paper on top and fill with baking beans. Bake for 15 minutes, until the base begins to brown.
- Step 5 Remove from the oven and remove the baking beans and foil.
- Step 6 For the filling: Whisk together the cream, eggs, vanilla, almond meal and sugar. Now add the flour and whisk until well combined.
- Step 7 Arrange the cherries over the pastry base and slowly pour the cream filling evenly over the cherries.
- Step 8 Return the tart to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the filling seems firm.
- Step 9 Leave to cool on a wire rack and dust some icing sugar over the top. Serve this delicious Fresh Cherry Tart with cream or ice cream.