It’s one of those classic dishes that we all love!
This is a great recipe to serve up something quick when your craving for Chinese food, and the best part is that it’s so easy to make. You can add in a variety of ingredients to this recipe like prawns, green peppers, crab, meat…the list is endless.
- 250g Basmati rice/ long grain rice (cooked)
- ½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 2 clove of Garlic
- 1” Ginger (thinly sliced)
- 1 Red chilli (deseeded and shredded)
- 2 tbsp Spring onions
- 1 small Onion (chopped)
- 50g Baby corn (sliced)
- ½ cup Carrots (thinly sliced)
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- 2 ½ tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a wok, add the onions, garlic and ginger then stir-fry briefly until the onions have softened.
- Add the baby corn, carrots and 1 tbsp of spring onions, and stir for a 2 minutes.
- Pour in a tablespoon of soya sauce and mix it in.
- Tip in the beaten egg, stir everything together until the eggs have set, then break it up and stir well to scramble.
- Add the cooked rice, Chinese-spice powder, pepper powder and the remaining soya sauce and stir-fry everything together for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the rest of the spring onions and toss everything together well.
- Serve straight away in a bowl for a quick and tasty dinner.