Cream of Asparagus Soup
November 21, 2019
: 5 min
: 15 min
: 20 min
- 2 bunches of Asparagus
- Half of a yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 knob of butter
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups Vegetable/ Chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Single cream
- Step 1 Wash and trim off the woody ends of the asparagus. Cut them into 1-inch pieces and set aside. Keep aside a few tips for garnish.
- Step 2 In a deep bottomed pan, melt the butter over medium heat
- Step 3 add in the garlic and onions, sauté for 30 seconds.
- Step 4 Add asparagus and sauté for a minute. Then, pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Cook till the asparagus is tender and still green.
- Step 5 Using a hand blender puree the mixture. You can use a regular blender to do the same.
- Step 6 Pour in the cream and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for a minute or two, pour into bowls and garnish with tips before serving.