A salad with a delicious play of bitter, sweet, and salty flavours. This dish would make a fresh and light addition to your holiday feast. It’s made with peppery arugula combined with crisp granny smith apples, celery, toasted walnuts- to add a little bit of crunch, and it’s all dressed with a bright and vibrant mustard vinaigrette.
Arugula Salad with Green Apple & Celery
- 150 g Arugula leaves
- 1 Granny smith apple (sliced)
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 3 stalks Celery (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Walnuts (toasted)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper (more to taste)
For the dressing:
- 21/2 tbsps Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Honey/ Agave syrup
- 11/2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Set it aside.
- Slice the granny smith apples and toss them with lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine together the arugula leaves, sliced granny smith apples, sliced celery, and toasted walnuts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well coated. Enjoy!