Cherry tomato and Rosemary Focaccia
- 500 g Strong white bread flour
- 1 tbsp Semolina
- 7 g Dried yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp Maple syrup (optional)
- 325 ml Luke warm water
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 250 g Cherry tomatoes
- 2 sprigs of Rosemary
- Olive oil
- Generous pinch of sea salt and crushed black pepper
- Step 1 Add yeast to luke warm water. Add in half a teaspoon of maple syrup. Mix and let it stand for 5 minutes to bubble up.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, place flour, semolina and salt. Pour in 2 tbsp olive oil and the yeast mixture little by little and combine to make a sticky dough. Then move it onto a flat work surface dusted lightly with flour.
- Step 3 Start kneading, pull the dough towards you with one hand while pushing it away with the other hand. Do this for 6-8 minutes until you get a smooth and elastic dough. Place the dough in an oiled(olive oil) bowl. Cover with cling film or a damp tea towel and set it aside for 45 minutes until it has doubled in size.
- Step 4 Preheat the oven to 200°C. Drizzle olive oil in baking tin and spread the dough into the prepared tin. Using your fingers push indents into the dough, covering the surface. Place and push the tomatoes into the indents. Sprinkle rosemary and drizzle some olive oil. Season with sea salt and crushed black pepper.
- Step 5 Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Once out of the oven, let it cool for few minutes, drizzle over some more olive oil and enjoy!