These cookies are buttery and crumbly bites of bliss, filled with sweet strawberry jam. An easy and classic cookie that’s perfect for parties and special occasions.
November 20, 2019
: 20 min
: 15 min
: 35 min
- 226 g Butter
- 80 g Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 300 g Plain flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Jam
- For the sugar coating:
- 130 g Granulated sugar
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line baking trays with parchment paper.
- Step 2 In a large bowl beat together butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in vanilla extract, egg yolks and salt. Continue to mix until well combined.
- Step 3 Now, add in the flour and salt. Using a wooden spatula bring the mixture together. It will have a crumbly texture at first but will come together as you continue to mix.
- Step 4 Roll the cookie dough into balls, you can use a measuring tablespoon to measure out. Roll each one in sugar and place them on the prepared baking trays.
- Step 5 Use your thumb or wooden spoon to create indentations into each cookie dough ball. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon jam into each one.
- Step 6 Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies are set and the sides are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes, before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container for up to 4-5 days.