Make this silky smooth coconut panna cotta and sweet strawberry jelly to wow your sweetheart this Valentine’s day! If you’re after a show-stopper dessert, this definitely is the one to impress!
Strawberry Jelly with Coconut Panna Cotta
- For the strawberry jelly
- 4-5 Strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- 50 ml Water
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 Gelatin leaves
- 100 ml Strawberry juice/ Cranberry juice/ Pomegranate juice
- For the panna cotta
- 70 ml Heavy cream
- 60 ml Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Gelatin leaf
- To decorate
- 2-3 Strawberries
- Desiccated coconut/ Coconut flakes
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Step 1 Strawberry Jelly – Soak 3 gelatin leaves in a bowl of water.
- Step 2 To make the jelly, pour the fruit juice, water and add the sugar in a pan. Warm the mixture over medium heat until the sugar dissolves fully.
- Step 3 Drain the gelatin leaves and add to the mixture, stir until completely dissolved.
- Step 4 Remove from heat and pour the jelly into dessert glasses, filling them halfway.
- Step 5 Add the strawberry slices, allow the mixture to cool completely and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Step 6 Coconut Panna Cotta – Soak the gelatin leaf in a bowl of water.
- Step 7 To make the panna cotta, heat the cream, coconut milk, lemon juice and sugar in a pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar has dissolved and bring to boil, remove from heat.
- Step 8 Drain water from the gelatin leaf, add it to the heated mixture and stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Step 9 Remove the half filled dessert glasses from the fridge and carefully top up each glass with panna cotta. Refrigerate for another 2 hours until it has set.
- Step 10 To serve, garnish the dessert with strawberries, mint leaves and desiccated coconut. and serve.