- 1 1/4 cup Plain Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / gas mark 4.
- Grease and line an 8 inch cake tin. Coat the sides of the tin with butter/ oil.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl, then add the sugar, baking powder and vanilla essence, and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the oil and milk, and mix well.
- Now add in the flour and continue mixing until everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- The cakes are done when they’re golden-brown and coming away from the edge of the tins. Press them gently to check – they should be springy to the touch. Remove it from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Then run a palette or rounded butter knife around the inside edge of the tin and carefully turn the cakes out onto a cooling rack. Yummy sponge cake is ready to serve!:)