- 2 cups Spinach
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 1/4 cup Shallots (sliced)
- 2 Green chillies (slit)
- 2 pods Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 sprig of Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds, shallots, garlic, chillies, curry leaves and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach, salt and turmeric powder, give it a stir. Cover and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Spread out the spinach so that the water evaporates easily. When the water has almost evaporated, add the grated coconut and combine everything together.
- Cover the pan and cook on low flame for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until the spinach is cooked.
- Remove the lid and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes so that all water evaporates. Transfer to a plate and serve with rice.