- 1 Pineapple
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Cardamom pods
- 1 Clove
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 3 tbsp Vegetable/ Sunflower oil
- Peel and chop the pineapple into small pieces. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add in cardamom pods, cinnamon, coriander seeds, clove, chilli flakes and turmeric powder. Keep stirring so that the spices don’t burn.
- Add in sugar and pour in water and vinegar. Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped pineapple pieces and season with salt. Mix gently, simmer the mixture till it has thickened, this should take 30-40 minutes.
- Once cooked, spoon into a sterilised jar and seal while hot. This spiced pineapple chutney can be served with poppadoms, curries, fritters and barbecue dishes.