- 500g Chicken tenders
- 2 Red mini peppers (cut in strips)
- 2 Orange mini peppers (cut in strips)
- 2 Yellow mini peppers (cut in strips)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 250g Stewed tomatoes with juice (or use tomato & garlic pasta sauce)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1tsp Moroccan spice
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
Note: the spices included in the Moroccan spice are sweet paprika, ground ginger, hot paprika, cumin, turmeric, saffron threads, ground star anise, ground nutmeg, bay leaves and white pepper.
- Cook chicken in olive oil till done and browned.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add peppers, onion and garlic to pan and cook till peppers are tender.
- Now add stewed tomatoes and Moroccan spice and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and mix it in.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Serve over rice, couscous or angel hair pasta.