Skillet Chicken with Mini Peppers
November 22, 2013
: 5 min
: 12 min
: 17 min
- 500 g Chicken tenders
- 2 Red mini peppers (cut in strips)
- 2 Orange mini peppers (cut in strips)
- 2 Yellow mini peppers (cut in strips)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 250 g Stewed tomatoes with juice (or use tomato & garlic pasta sauce)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Moroccan spice
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Step 1 Cook chicken in olive oil till done and browned.
- Step 2 Remove chicken from pan.
- Step 3 Add peppers, onion and garlic to pan and cook till peppers are tender.
- Step 4 Now add stewed tomatoes and Moroccan spice and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Step 5 Return chicken to pan and mix it in.
- Step 6 Season with salt and pepper. Serve over rice, couscous or angel hair pasta.
- Step 7 Note: the spices included in the Moroccan spice are sweet paprika, ground ginger, hot paprika, cumin, turmeric, saffron threads, ground star anise, ground nutmeg, bay leaves and white pepper.