- 1/2 cup + 2tbsp Semiya/ Vermicelli
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Cashew Nuts
- 10-12 Raisins
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee in a pan and fry the raisins and cashew nuts until it turns into light brown. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, roast vermicelli in low heat while stirring constantly until it turns golden brown. Transfer it to a plate and keep it aside.
- Bring water to boil in a heavy bottom pan, add the roasted vermicelli. Cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add sugar, pinch of salt and cardamom powder to the mixture and boil for two minutes. By now the vermicelli would have turned transparent.
- Add milk and boil for a minute. Remove from heat and let the payasam cool down. As it cools down, it’ll get thicker. Garnish with fried cashews and raisins.