A hearty and comforting salad, made with pantry staples like eggs, potatoes and carrots. It’s a traditional dish in the Russian cuisine and commonly known as Olivye. A creamy and colourful salad, perfect for a party or celebration.
- 2 Potato (boiled & peeled)
- 4 Hard boiled eggs (diced)
- 1/2 cup Carrot (boiled & peeled)
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1 Green scallion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Cucumber (diced)
- 1 Apple (peeled)
- 3 Baby pickles/ Gherkins (cubed)
- 3-4 tbsp Fresh dill (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Yogurt/ Sour cream
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Dice all ingredients into bite size pieces. Add dressing and use a spatula to fold all ingredients together.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh dill.
- Cover the salad and chill for at least one hour or overnight to allow the flavors to come together before serving.