The subtle heat of the chilli powder, the natural sweetness of the honey and squash, the lemony floral nuance of the cilantro, and the tanginess of the lime, it’s a marriage made in heaven and an utterly satisfying side dish. It’s the perfect time of the year to enjoy this hearty squash, so head to your local supermarket and roast away! 🙂
- 500g Butternut squash (cleaned and cut into cubes)
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- ½ tsp Fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Cilantro leaves (coarsely chopped)
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut squash into 1-inch chunks.
- Whisk honey, lime, and olive oil in a large bowl until well combined.
- Stir in chilli powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add squash and cilantro leaves and toss until well coated.
- Pour mixture onto a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Roast in oven 30 – 40 minutes, tossing occasionally, until squash is caramelized and fork tender.