- 1 kg Pork (cut into small pieces)
- 4 Onions (chopped)
- 3 Tomatoes (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
For the paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp Chilli powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds/ Uluva
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Vinegar
- To make the paste, grind the ingredients in a mixie.
- Add the finely ground paste and salt to the pork pieces and mix well. Keep it aside to marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and fry the onions till light brown in colour.
- Add tomatoes and fry till the oil separates. Then, add in the marinated pork pieces and sauté for a minute.
- Add 1/2 cup water and mix well. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, after the first whistle or till done (at least 20-25 minutes).
- Once it is cool, open the lid and simmer for 5 minutes till the gravy thickens. Delicious Pork Vindaloo is ready to be served!