These dumplings are one of my absolute favourite dishes. Delicious wrappings that are crunchy on the bottom, with juicy pork filling in the middle, these plump little bites are irresistible and will soon become your favourite too.
- For the dough
- 300 g Plain flour
- 200 ml Water (boiling)
- Salt to taste
- For the filling
- 350 g Ground pork
- 3 tbsp Green onions
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Half inch Ginger (minced)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp White pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Cold water
- Dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Green onions (chopped)
- 1-2 tsp Chilli oil
- Step 1 For the dough: In a bowl, mix together ingredients for the dough. Transfer the roughly brought together dough mixture onto a clean work surface and knead it for 10 minutes.
- Step 2 Roll out the dough into a shape of a baguette, and let it rest for 15 minutes. Divide it into roughly 16 pieces and dust them with flour.
- Step 3 Lightly flour work surface, roll out each piece into thin wrappers around 8 cm in diameter.
- Step 4 Dipping sauce: Combine all the ingredients together and set it aside.
- Step 5 For the filling: Combine ground pork, green onions, minced garlic, minced ginger, egg and all the seasonings along with water. Mix it well until everything is well combined.
- Step 6 Making dumplings: Begin by placing a tablespoon of the pork filling in the centre of the wrapper. Dip your finger in water, and run along the edges of the wrapper. This will help to seal it.
- Step 7 Then, pleat from either side and press the centre to seal the wrapper. Repeat with the remaining dumplings.
- Step 8 Cooking the dumpling: Heat 2 tsp of oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Place the dumplings flat side down and fry for 2-3 minutes until the base turns golden brown.
- Step 9 Pour in cold water and cover the pan with a lid. Steam cook the dumplings until all the water has evaporated.
- Step 10 Remove the lid and leave it for another minute till the dumplings turn crisp.
- Step 11 Transfer to a serving plate and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.