These quick and easy to make pickled radishes is deliciously crunchy and a great condiment to welcome spring. They will perk up anything from salads to sandwiches to simply cooked meats. Radishes are rich in folic acid and potassium, and they are also a good source of vitamin B6, calcium, copper and magnesium. So eating these tiny rubies have great health benefits as well!:)
- Bunch of radishes (about 10-15)
- 3/4 tsp Yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water (purified)
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Step 1 Wash the radishes and slice off the stem ends and tips. Slice the radishes into thin rounds and pack them in a glass jar.
- Step 2 Top with mustard seeds, coriander seeds, black pepper corns and salt. Pour in honey, half a cup of distilled vinegar and water. The radishes should be completely immersed in the brine. If your jar is bigger just add more vinegar. Tightly close the jar with a lid.
- Step 3 These radishes will be ready to eat in a days time, however it will taste even better if you keep it away for at least a week. Refrigerate them once opened.