This Physalis Elderflower & Ginger Fizz is a refreshing drink to enjoy on a hot summer day. Physalis or Cape gooseberries are the highlight here, imparting that tart goodness to this fizz; and this is balanced with the sweet and floral notes from the elderflower cordial. And the ginger beer and mint adds that extra punch of flavour. It’s a concoction truly worth trying!
Physalis Elderflower & Ginger Fizz
- 8-10 Physalis/ Cape Gooseberries
- 30 ml Elderflower cordial
- 330 ml Light Ginger beer
- Fresh mint
- Ice cubes
- Step 1 Add the physalis, elderflower cordial and a few mint leaves into a cocktail shaker.
- Step 2 Using a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon, muddle the physalis berries. Add ice cubes and a bit of the ginger beer, stir vigorously.
- Step 3 Strain and pour this into serving glass with ice cubes and top with the remaining ginger beer. Garnish with mint and physalis, and serve immediately.