Pesto is seriously one of my favourite things ever. It is so easy to make, it’s incredibly versatile, and it pretty much tastes amazing in and on anything and everything. This Pesto Pasta dish is a simple recipe with lots of colour and flavour, perfect for a midweek meal.
- 225 gm Shell pasta
- 300 gm Asparagus (trimmed)
- 1/2 cup Basil pesto
- 1/3 cup Sun dried tomatoes in olive oil (drained and julienned)
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella (diced)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions and drain well.
- Place asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste; gently toss to combine. Place into oven and roast for 8-12 minutes, or until tender but crisp. Let cool before cutting into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, asparagus, pesto, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Serve immediately.