Super easy to make, this Pear and Apple Crumble is a keeper and a great way to welcome Autumn. It’s a warm and comforting dessert that is absolutely irresistible. It’s got that perfect sweet crunchy topping made with the addition of muesli, but if you prefer a plain crumble then just opt it out. This recipe is made using just a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen cupboard – pears, apples, sugar, cinnamon, butter, salt, muesli and flour! Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or custard and you’re good to dig in!
Pear and Apple Crumble
- 4 Pears
- 2 Red Apples
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 100 g Plain flour
- 50 g cup Muesli
- 100 g Cold butter (unsalted)
- Small pinch of salt
- 4-5 tbsp Brown sugar
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 180 C. Peel, core and dice the pears and apples. Place it water if your using it later.
- Step 2 Heat a sauce pan, add in diced fruit, ground cinnamon and sugar. Mix well and let it stew on medium to high heat for 6-7 minutes.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, add plain flour, muesli, cold butter, salt and sugar into a large bowl. Using your fingertips, rub the ingredients to create the texture of breadcrumbs.
- Step 4 Transfer the stewed pears and apple mixture into an oven proof dish. Sprinkle the crumble topping over it. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the crumble turns golden brown.
- Step 5 Serve this delicious dessert with custard or ice cream, or just enjoy it on its own.