Paneer Tikka is an Indian dish made from chunks of paneer marinated in Indian spices and grilled with veggies. It’s the perfect ‘go-to’ starter if you want to please the crowd with minimal efforts.
- 250g Paneer/cottage cheese (cubed)
- 1 Green bell pepper/capsicum (cubed)
- 1 Onion (cubed)
For the marinade
- 200g Greek style yogurt
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 to 3 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- ½ tsp Amchur powder/dry mango powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- Juice of half lemon
- 2 tbsp oil for brushing
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt till it becomes smooth.
- Add and mix together the ginger-garlic paste, all the spice powders and salt.
- Add the veggies and paneer to the marinade.
- Cover the mixture and let it marinate for 2 hours or more in the refrigerator.
- Remove after 2 hours and bring the marinated paneer and veggies at room temperature.
- Skewer the veggies and paneer alternately on skewers or tooth picks. Brush some oil on the veggies and paneer.
- Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 180 degree celsius.
- Bake the paneer tikka for 20-25 minutes. After 10 minutes take it out and brush some more oil and bake for a further 10-15 mintues till done.
- Remove the paneer tikka from the oven and sprinkle a bit of chaat masala (optional).
Serve the lip-smacking panner tikka with mint chutney, onion rings with lemon wedges.