- 2 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 bunch Spinach
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- Water (few spoons as needed)
- 1 tsp Ghee/ Oil (extra to brush on the parathas)
To make the dough
- Blanch spinach. Grind it using no water, the paste should be smooth and fine.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the spinach puree along with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Knead into a soft pliable dough.The puree will be enough to make the dough firm, but just in case if it’s not enough, try using spoonfuls of yoghurt or water.
- Once done kneading, cover it and keep it aside for 2 hours.
To make the Parathas
- Grab handfuls of the dough and roll each ball to a thin circle.
- Heat a pan or a flat girdle, place the rolled dough on it and allow it to cook for few minutes on both sides.
- Lightly brush ghee/ oil on both sides of parathas.
- Serve hot with achar, yogurt or dal.