Paal Payasam/ RicePudding
August 20, 2018
: 5 min
: 50 min
: 55 min
- 1 litre Whole milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Raw rice/ Unnakkalari
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Ground cardamom
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts (broken)
- Step 1 In a pressure cooker, pour in milk and water, and bring it to boil.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, wash and drain the rice. Add this to the boiling milk, along with sugar and ground cardamom, and mix it gently.
- Step 3 Reduce the heat to the lowest setting, close the lid and pressure cook for 30 minutes.
- Step 4 Remove from heat, allow the cooker to cool down for about 20 minutes before opening it.
- Step 5 Roast the cashew nuts in ghee and add it to the payasam.