- 350ml Boiling hot water
- 50g Rolled oats
- 50g Golden linseed
- 25b Sunflower seeds
- 14g Fast acting dried yeast
- 350g Bread flour
- 125g Wholemeal or Rye flour
- 25g Chickpea flour
- Bread flour for kneading
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1tsp sea salt
- Olive Oil or Sunflower Oil
1. Place linseed and rolled oats into a large mixing bowl and add boiling water, mix and let it stand for few mins.
2. Place the rest of the dry ingredients into a separate bowl and mix well.
3. Now add the sunflower seeds, oats and linseed to the mix and olive oil.
4. Using your hands, squeeze and combine the mixture together to form dough.
5. Leave the dough aside for 5 minutes
6. Sprinkle some flour on a surface and knead the dough for 10-12 minutes.
7. Put the dough back into the bowl and cover with a wet towel or cling film. Leave in a warm place for an hour to rise.
8. Brush oil onto a baking tray or large loaf tin.
9. Preheat the oven to 220C for fan assisted and 240C for non-fan assisted.
10. Roll out the dough, and form into your required shape and place it on the oiled baking tray.
11. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then turn the tray around and bake for another 20-25 minutes on 180C(fan assisted) and 200C(non-fan assisted).
12. To test if the bread is ready, just tap the base gently, it should sound hollow. Leave on a wire rack to cool.