- 500 g Fish
- 11/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 6-7 Small onions
- 2-4 Dried red chillies
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 11/2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Water as required
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- 2 Green chilli
- Walnut sized sized Tamarind (soaked in 1/4 cup of water)
- 3/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- In a mixie/ blender , grind grated coconut, green chillies, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, tamarind and enough water to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan or an earthen pot, add in fenugreek seeds and once it turns slightly brown, add in the sliced shallots and curry leaves and saute for a few minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix it for a minute.
- Pour in the ground coconut paste, add salt and enough water for the curry.
- Let the gravy boil, once it starts boil place in the fish. Let it cook covered for about 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add curry leaves , dried chillies and shallots and saute for two minutes. Add this to the fish curry. Serve hot with rice.