- 1 1/2 cup White rice
- 3 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 2 to 2.5 cups Water (or as required)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to grease the pan
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 3-4 hours. The longer you soak the rice, softer the Dosas will turn out.
- Drain the water and grind the rice along with the grated coconut and salt, adding water as required. Make sure you add water little at a time so that you get a smooth batter. To test the consistency of batter, the batter should not form a coating on the back of the spoon.
- Heat a non-stick pan on high flame. If you are using an iron skillet, then grease it with oil each time you make a Dosa. Sprinkle some water, if it sizzles then reduce the heat and pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan. Swirl the pan so the batter spreads evenly.
- Place a lid over the pan and cook them on medium to high heat for approximately a minute.
- There is no need to flip the Dosa to cook it on the other side. Once the Dosa is cooked well, work a spatula from the sides of the pan and fold it in half and fold once again to form a triangle.
- Remove from pan, place on a serving plate and serve the Neer dosa with chutney of your choice or any curry.