MUTTA KUZHALAPPAM/ COCONUT FILLED CREPES
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Ghee (clarified butter)
- For the filling
- 1 cup Grated Coconut
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Step 1 In a small bowl beat the eggs lightly and keep it aside.
- Step 2 In another bowl, mix the plain flour, salt and sugar.
- Step 3 Add in the ghee, beaten eggs and water, and prepare a smooth batter.
- Step 4 Heat a non-stick pan and pour in a ladle full of batter. Spread it to make a thin crepe.
- Step 5 Cook one side for 1-2 minutes. Then, flip it over and cook for another minute and transfer it to a plate. Do the same with remaining batter.
- Step 6 Spoon the coconut filling and place it on the centre of the crepe, spread it and roll it tightly. (Around 2 tbsp of filling for each crepe).