A restaurant style dish that is so easy to make and tastes divine!
- 1.75 kg Mussels
- 2 shallot (finely chopped)
- Garlic (finely chopped)
- Small bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley (coarsely chopped)
- 20g Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- 100ml Single cream
- 100 ml Dry white Wine
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White pepper to taste
- Immerse the mussels in a bowl of salted water for 15 minutes.
- Scrub, debeard and wash them well. Discard any open ones that won’t close when lightly pressed.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large wide-bottomed pan over medium-high heat, and then add the butter.
- Add the garlic and shallots and sauté them until soft but not browned.
- Turn up the heat, add the white wine and bring to boil.
- Toss in the mussels, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes. Give them a good shake now and then. Most of them should be open after 3 minutes or so, cook until they have all opened up.
- Mix in the pepper, crème fraîche, single cream and chopped parsley and remove from the heat.
- Spoon into a bowl and pour the sauce over. Serve with grilled bread and a lemon wedge.