This is an easy, weeknight meal that you can throw together in just a few minutes. A delicious twist on a classic pizza and so quick and easy to make!
- 1 pack of pre-made, just-roll puff pastry
- 10tsp tomato puree/ pizza sauce
- 150-200g grated cheddar cheese/ shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp Oregano
Toppings of your choice such as:
- Pepperoni slices
- Sliced mushrooms
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Bell peppers
- Pineapple chunks
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degree C/Gas Mark 6.
- Lay the puff pastry on a baking tray and prick it all over with a fork, leaving a 1-2 inch border around the outside that has been untouched. Alternatively, for mini pizzas, cut the puff pastry into smaller squares then repeat the first step.
- Spread the tomato puree on the base(s) but not on the border then add your chosen toppings followed by some grated cheese and oregano. Brush the border of the pizza(s) with the beaten egg.
- Place the pizza(s) in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until the edged have risen and are golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with more oregano and drizzle with olive oil.