- 1 1/2 cup Milk powder
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 can of Condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Ghee/ clarified butter
- Blanched Almonds to garnish
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the milk powder and condensed milk. Mix the two ingredients well, making sure there are no lumps. Switch on the flame, and heat the contents on low heat. Keep stirring the mixture so it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Now add cardamom powder and keep mixing it to form a smooth dough consistency. Continue to cook the mixture till it starts to separate from the sides of the pan. Make sure not to over cook, otherwise the pedas will turn out to be very chewy.
- At this point, add ghee and give it a quick mix. Switch off the flame, transfer the mixture to a plate and let the it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Slightly grease your hands with ghee. Take a small lemon sized portion and roll it into a ball. Take a blanched almond and gently press it into the centre of the rolled peda. Continue this method with the remaining mixture.