Mediterranean Roast Leg of Lamb
April 19, 2018
: 15 min
: 2 hr 20 min
: 2 hr 35 min
- 1 kg Leg of lamb
- 2 tbsp Fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Step 1 In a small bowl, mix together mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, rosemary, thyme, cumin powder, paprika, black pepper and salt.
- Step 2 Pierce the leg of lamb with a knife, to insert small slivers of garlic. Place the meat in a large freezer bag, pour the marinade over it and coat the entire lamb with it.
- Step 3 Place it in the fridge overnight.
- Step 4 Preheat the oven to 220 C. Place the leg of lamb on a wire rack, place it just above a baking tray filled with water halfway. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Step 5 Then reduce the heat to 160 C, and continue roasting it for 2 hours.
- Step 6 Remove the pan from the oven and let the leg of lamb rest for at least 20 minutes before serving.