- 1 cup Channa dal/ Split Bengal Gram
- 1/4 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 large Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Rice flour
- 1/2 inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 Green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 sprig of Curry leaves
- 2 tbsps Corriander leaves (finely chopped)
- A pinch of Asafetida
- Salt to taste
- Wash the dal and soak it in enough water for 3-4 hours.
- Drain away the water and coarsely grind the soaked channa dal. Transfer this mixture to a bowl.
- Add in the chopped onions, green chilli, curry leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, fennel seeds, asafetida and salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Make equal lemon sized balls of the mixture, and pat then on your palm to form a circle of medium thickness.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry them till golden brown, turning over both sides. Drain it onto a tissue paper. Serve with your favourite chutney and some hot tea.