Oi Muchim is typically served with Korean barbeque or rice. It’s spicy, sweet, and refreshingly crunchy. Just the perfect side dish for everyday meals. The recipe requires no cooking and can be whipped up in under 15 minutes.
Korean Cucumber Salad/ Oi Muchim
- 1 English Cucumber (sliced)
- 1/2 Onion (sliced)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Spring/ Green Onions
- 1 tbsp Gochugaru (Korean Hot Pepper Flakes)
- 1 tbsp Gochujang (Korean Chilli Paste) (optional)
- 2 tsp Sesame seeds (toasted)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- Wash the cucumber and halve them lengthwise. Slice them to 1/8 inch thickness and place them in a mixing bowl. Add in minced garlic, green onions and half an onion.
- In a small bowl, add in gochugaru, gochujang, sesame seeds, sugar, salt, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Add this to the cucumbers and toss everything until well combined.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.