Kodi Vepudu is a delectable chicken fry recipe from the Andhra cuisine. It’s just sinfully spicy and every bite you take will be a party in your mouth! 🙂
- 750g Chicken
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 1 large Tomato (finely chopped)
- 2 Green chilli (minced)
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 spring Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- ¾ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- Garam masala (Coriander 2tbsp, 5 cloves, 3 cardomom,1” Cinnamon)
- 1 Star anise
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 ½ tbsp Ghee
- Juice of half a lemon
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, garam masala, Kashmiri chilli powder, black pepper, chilli powder and lemon juice.
- Leave it to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Now add in star anise, curry leaves, green chillies and chopped onions, saute until the onions turn golden brown.
- Then add in chopped tomatoes and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and fry for 15-20 minutes on medium heat until the chicken is cooked well. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.