- 3 eggs (hard boiled and cut in half)
- Puff pastry squares or sheet
- 1 egg beaten for egg wash
For the onion masala
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 inch Ginger (crushed)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions, ginger, garlic and curry leaves. Sauté till onions turn soft and golden brown in colour.
- Reduce heat to low, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder and garam masala. Saute for a minute or two.
- Add tomato ketchup and mix well, saute on low heat for a minute. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions. Cut the puff pastry sheets into 6 equal parts.
- Spoon the mixture on the centre of the puff pastry and then place one half of the boiled egg on top.
- Fold the four corners of the pastry and seal the edges well with your finger.
- Brush the top with egg wash. Repeat the steps for all the puffs pastry squares.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, bake the puffs for 20-25 minutes until it turns golden brown. Serve with ketchup and a hot cup chai!:)