- 1 (small) Tender Jackfruit
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Coconut oil
- 3 tbsps Grated coconut
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Pepper cons
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 2 pods of Garlic
- Clean and cut the jackfruit into small pieces.
- Boil water in a pan along with turmeric powder and salt. Immerse the cut Jack fruit pieces in the water and cook it for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Combine grated coconut, cumin, pepper cons, coriander seeds, dry red chillies and garlic and grind it coarsely.
- Haet a pan and add coconut oil. Add the mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add the onions, urad dal and curry leaves and sauté until the onions have turns transparent.
- Now combine the ground coconut mixture with the onions and saute for another minute or two.
- Add in the cooked jackfruit and salt to taste, and saute the mixture for a couple of minutes.
- Finally add a tsp of coconut oil and combine well. Serve with hot steamed rice.