- 1 large Aubergines (each cut thinly into about 10 slices)
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 250 grams Feta cheese
- 1 bunch Fresh mint (finely chopped – save some for sprinkling over)
- 1/2 tsp Dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Preheat the barbecue or griddle to a high heat.
- Brush both sides of the aubergine slices with the oil, and cook them for about 3-4 minutes each side until golden and tender.
- Crumble the feta into a bowl and stir in the dried chilli flakes, mint and lemon juice. You don’t need salt, as the feta is salty enough.
- Pile each warm aubergine slice with a heaped teaspoon of the feta mixture, and place them on a serving plate, and sprinkle with a little more mint (optional).
Note – for vegetarians check the feta is a brand that doesn’t contain animal rennet.