A perfect condiment that goes well with any Indian meal, this recipe needs just the basic pantry ingredients like green chillies and spices. It has a beautiful aroma and is packed with mustard flavour. Give it a try!
- 250 g large Green chilli peppers
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 2 1/2 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Mustard oil
- Wash the green chillies and pat dry them with kitchen towel. Slice them into small pieces.
- Grind mustard seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds and turmeric powder into a coarse mixture.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan on medium heat. Add in Asafoetida and then the ground coarse mixture and give it a mix.
- Remove from heat and pour this mixture onto the green chillies. Pour in lemon juice and season with salt. Gently, mix everything together. You can either keep it aside in an air tight jar for 2 days so that the flavours intensify or serve right away with rice or chapatti.