Horiatiki salata or Greek salad as it is called outside Greece, is a simple dish made with fresh summer vegetables, olives and feta cheese. Its full of flavour, so easy to make and a vibrant and healthy option for any meal of the day.
- 2 Tomatoes (cut into irregular wedges)
- 1/2 Cucumber (peeled, deseeded & chopped)
- 1/2 Red onion (thinly sliced)
- 8 Kalamata olives
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 30 g Feta cheese (cut into cubes)
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber, sliced onions, olives and dried oregano in a large salad bowl, and toss everything together.
- Drizzle over olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and top it up with feta cheese.
- This delicious and colourful salad is best eaten as soon as it is prepared, but don’t waste any
leftovers, just cover with clingfilm and refrigerate until required. It is best served with a crusty bread.