This flavourful salad comes together so quickly and it’s guaranteed to be a hit with your entire family.
- 3 chicken breasts (shredded)
- ½ cup Tomatoes (chopped)
- 3/4 cup Red and yellow bell peppers (chopped)
- ¼ cup Red onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Black olives (sliced)
- 2 Dried Apricots (chopped, optional)
- ⅔ cup Feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Fresh dill weed (minced)
- Fresh cracked peppercorns
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup Low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley or coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Boil the chicken with water, salt, pepper, bay leaf and some coriander until cooked. These ingredients will give more flavour to the chicken and you can use the stock later for other recipes.
- Shred the cooked chicken , add it to the large mixing bowl and add the chopped veggies, apricots, olives, dill and feta cheese. Add salt and cracked peppercorns to the taste. Mix gently.
For the dressing:
- In a bowl, whisk all of the dressing ingredients together to blend and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve over bread, rolls, wraps or even on lettuce.
Note: For a vegetarian version of this, just exclude the chicken.