- 1 1/2 cups Gooseberries
- 2 Garlic pods (sliced)
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Fenugreek powder
- 1 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup Vinegar
- 6 tbsp Vegetable/ Sesame oil
- Wash one cup of gooseberries and steam them for few minutes till they turn soft. Mash it up and keep aside.
- Slice the remaining half cup gooseberries and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, splutter mustard seeds. Add in fenugreek powder and asafoetida powder and mix well on low heat. Add in sliced garlic and dry red chillies and saute.
- Add in kashmiri chilli powder, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. saute for 1 minute and pour in the vinegar. Let it come to boil and then add in the mashed and sliced gooseberries.
- Add salt, saute for 2 minutes and combine everything together. Switch off the flame and allow the pickle to cool. Transfer to a sterilised glass jar.