The perfect ‘dunkable’ biscuits for this holiday season. These cookies have that snap perfect crunch and are filled with fiery festive flavours and have just the right amount of sweetness to compliment a hot cuppa. The recipe comes together in minutes, just what you need to make your life easier when you already have so much going on in the kitchen during Christmas time.
- 150 g Self-rising flour
- 35 g Whole wheat flour
- Pinch of Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 60 g Butter
- 80 ml Golden syrup
- Step 1 Line parchment paper on a large baking tray. Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375° F.
- Step 2 In a mixing bowl, sift in self-rising flour, whole wheat flour, ground ginger and ground cinnamon.
- Step 3 Place butter and golden syrup in a pan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Once the butter has melted, remove from heat. Pour in the syrup into the dry ingredients. using a wooden spoon, stir, working mixture into a firm dough.
- Step 4 Take a tablespoon of dough roll into a ball and using you’re the palm of your hand flatten it and place on baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough. Alternatively, you can roll out the dough onto a floured surface and using a cookie cutter, cut out decorative shapes.
- Step 5 Bake for 10 minutes or until just browned. Cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.