Easy recipes make all of our lives easier, so do delicious ones. This five bean salad is a healthy and simple recipe, perfect for parties, potlucks or a quick lunch!
Five Bean Salad
- 3 tbsp Sweet corn
- 1 large Tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 Red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Spring onion (chopped)
- 1 Celery stock (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g of mixed beans
- Kidney beans
- Black eye beans
- Lima beans
- Pea navy beans
- Roman beans / Borlotti beans
- Step 1 Rinse and soak the beans for a few hours. In a pan cook the beans with enough water (just enough to cover the beans) till its done. I used a 400 g tin of these cooked mixed beans, make sure to drain and rinse the beans before use.
- Step 2 Combine the remaining ingredients with cooked beans.
- Step 3 Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.