This beautiful and tangy salad is made up of fennel, celery, orange and red onion tossed in with toasted walnuts and an apple cider vinaigrette, that steals the show. It’s crunchy, fresh and perfect for this summer weather!
FENNEL CELERY & ORANGE SALAD
- • 1 Fennel bulb
- • 3 Celery stalks
- • Half a red onion (sliced)
- • 1 Orange
- • 1/4 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- • 2 tbsp Dill
- • 1/2 tsp Crushed black pepper
- • Pinch of salt
- • 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- • 1 1/2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- • 2 tsp Maple syrup/ Honey
- Step 1 Cut open the fennel bulb. Get rid of the core and slice it up.
- Step 2 Wash and chop up the celery into bite size pieces. Peel the orange and thinly slice it.
- Step 3 Heat a pan, toast the walnuts for 1-2 minutes. And set it aside to cool. Mix the apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and honey.
- Step 4 In a salad bowl, place sliced fennel, celery, red onions and walnuts. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the vinegar mixture over the salad. Gently toss the salad to combine everything together.
- Step 5 Add the sliced oranges and dill leaves and serve immediately.