Brinjal also known as Aubergine or Eggplant is not in my favourite veggie list. But when I had this for the first time when my Mom made it, I immediately fell in love with it. This recipe is so simple to make and tastes great. And can be served as a side dish for roti or rice.
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Potatoes (cut lengthwise)
- 1 Eggplant/ Brinjal (cut lengthwise)
- ¼ cup Onion (sliced)
- 1 spring Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add mustard seeds. Let it splutter, then add in the cumin seeds.
- Then add the curry leaves and onions, and stir for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Now add in the eggplants and potato, cover and allow the veggies to cook for some time.
- Keep the flame on low flame. Saute well and leave on the flame until the veggies become soft and cooked.
- Then, transfer the contents to a serving bowl and enjoy with steaming hot rice or chapathis. Yummy!