2 Drumsticks (peeled, washed & cut lengthwise)
2 cups Jackfruit Seeds
¾ tsp Turmeric powder
¼ tsp Chilli powder
Salt to taste
1cup Grated Coconut
¼ tsp Turmeric powder
3 Green chillies
½ tsp Cumin seeds
2 cloves Garlic
1tbsp Coconut Oil
½ tsp Mustard Seeds
5 Shallots (thinly sliced)
4 Dry Red Chillies (broken & seeds removed)
2 springs Curry leaves
- Remove the outer skin of the jackfruit seeds and soak them in water overnight.
- Now remove the second layer ok skin (brown in colour). Wash and cut them lengthwise into two pieces.
- Pressure cook the seeds with 1 ½ cups of water for about 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Now grind together the coconut, green chillies, garlic, turmeric powder and cumin seeds.
- Cook the drumsticks along with prawns, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt in 1 ½ cups of water. When it’s half done, add in the jackfruit seeds.
- After a minute or two, add the ground paste and gently mix it in.
- Leave it to simmer for 2-3 minutes and remove from the hob.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, let it splutter. Add the shallots and sauté it until light brown. Add the curry leaves, dry red chillies and fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour the seasoning over the curry and mix it in well.
Serve the delicious curry with steamed rice and enjoy! J